Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To supervise, direct, assist and assure the completion of housekeeping tasks assigned to Room Attendants and Housepersons in guest rooms and corridors to maintain Benchmark’s high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and key procedures.
- The ability to collect room and floor status report sheets for assigned work areas and assign room to Housekeepers as needed.
- The ability to train housekeeping employees in order to achieve the standards of cleanliness in guest rooms.
- The ability to make recommendations and follow through on conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, and, when appropriate, disciplinary action for assigned staff.
- The ability to provide excellent guest service in all areas of responsibility.
- The ability to inspect guest rooms, including VIP, vacant, occupied and check-out rooms, to insure the standards are being achieved by each employee.
- The ability to monitor the performance of floor house persons so there are sufficient supplies on the guest floor and the hallways, stairwells, elevator, service area, and guest room doors, tracks, linen closets and armoires are maintained according to standards.
- The ability to interpret all departmental policies, procedures, and standards established by the Director of Housekeeping and Hotel Valley Ho.
- The ability to coordinate work orders in assigned areas and follow up on inspections.
- The ability to handle all lost and found items according to procedure.
- The ability to maintain the upkeep of all bedspreads, draperies, carpet cleaning, sheers, bed skirts, and furniture refinishing.
- The ability to schedule and participate in departmental meetings.
- The ability to make sure floor storage areas and closets are kept in an orderly and clean fashion.
- The ability to inspect closets to ensure all items are stocked in orderly fashion and in sufficient quantities.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.