HVACR Tech - Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
The Mechanical Engineer is an hourly staff position within the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to perform preventive and/or unscheduled maintenance within the hotel, with an emphasis on HVACR and Food service equipment. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The Mechanical Engineer will also need to respond to guest requests as well as perform other duties within the engineering department as directed by the Assistant Chief or Director of Engineering.
- The Mechanical Engineer will perform PM and repair work to all types of building systems and mechanical equipment within the hotel and grounds.
- The Mechanical Engineer will assist guests with service requests on an as needed basis.
- The Mechanical Engineer will need to learn, understand and become proficient in all computer based systems utilized by the Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Mechanical Engineer will work frequently with electrical circuits, control circuits, gas fired equipment and plumbing systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Mechanical Engineer will have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The Mechanical Engineer will have to perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of skills and abilities.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- Previous resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excel, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department is desirable.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50 lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.