PM In Room Dining Server-Order Taker-Private Bar-Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing by working within the framework of the Room Service Department service team, practicing established standards and systems. Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each dish, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property in general. Is knowledgeable about Hotel Valley Ho and its amenities.
- Collects orders from the kitchen, ensuring they have been prepared correctly; and to promptly and efficiently deliver to the guest’s room.
- Responsible for fulfilling all functions as required by accounting; Submitting signed checks to R.S. Telephone Operator, reconciling daily sales etc.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Micros point of sale system.
- Has excellent telephone skills; always adheres to the Hotel Valley Ho Standard for Telephone etiquette, and uses the guests name whenever possible.
- Ensures the phones are always covered by a trained staff member during breaks and meal periods.
- Attends pre-meal meetings and is aware of daily soup, special, there method of preparation and if anything is not available from the kitchen or bar.
- Double checks each order to insure it is correct and complete.
- Keeps deck and work area (telephone, computer, bulletin board) clean and organized.
- Orders and stocks sufficient supplies (micros paper, menus, order forms, pens, amenity cards, etc.)
- Is aware of the number of occupied rooms, and stocks accordingly.
- Takes the initiative to complete various tasks and assists servers during slow periods (polish silverware / glasses, folding napkins, wiping down the room service dept. etc.)
- Is familiar with various forms and communication essential to Room Service operations (amenity forms, cakes, flowers etc.), informing all departments involved.
- Assists with the collection of Room Service trays and other food and beverage items from the guest rooms. This also includes proper breakdown of trays and other items.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will practice these standards throughout the guests dining experience.
- Consistently delivers courteous, professional service. Maintains high standards of cleanliness (personal appearance, equipment and facility) at all times.
- Private bar store room is to be clean and organized at all times.
- Requisition products from storeroom as needed to maintain established par levels.
- Report any maintenance issues to a manager/IRD captain to ensure a work order is generated.
- Maintain each private bar according to standards, ensure labels on products are facing the guest, and keep clean at all times.
- Stock private bars according to par levels and guest requests.
- Check each item for open seals, dust off products and polish glassware prior to guest arrival and check products for expiration dates.
- Record all items removed by the guest on the proper billing sheets.
- Defrost private bar fridge when necessary.
- Ensure all glassware in for the bar is up to par and polished.
- Deliver ice to all the occupied rooms and offer to restock the mini bar.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Work well with food and beverage teammates and supporting departments.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Able to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests. Strong attention to detail a must
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Take pride in work.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.