Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:To complete the income journal and audit process in order to provide timely and accurate financial information to hotel executive management.
- To support the staff and function of Night Audit ensuring accuracy in Daily Revenue Flash Reports.
- To daily review and follow-up findings and commentary by the night auditor and outlet managers.
- To assemble and maintain daily audit packets.
- To review and code all adjustments and promotions.
- To accurately maintain the house accounts for Gifts Certificates, Gift Cards, and other promotions.
- To accurately prepare and input daily settlement transmittals.
- To answer customer questions and resolve billing challenges & chargebacks.
- To prepare analytical reports and journal entries, as requested.
- To assist, as directed, with month-end procedures.
- To understand and respond to all customer needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- To reconcile bank statements with revenue reports.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To assist or provide coverage for other accounting staff as needed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- One year minimum experience in accounting.
- Guest Service Skills
- Detailed oriented
- Strong computer and math skills required.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Must know ten-key by touch.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Birch Street, Intacct, and, Opera experience preferred.