Lead Host/ess - Hotel Valley Ho
Thisposition contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within theframework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet and seat guests in a warm, friendly andsincere manner. Make a good firstimpression, and insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Manage seating charts and systems as well asrelay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
Note: the following duties andresponsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Providea smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm number inparty, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guestsat their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and informserver and/or manager of special needs.
- Ensureall hostess/hosts staff provides warm welcomes and fond farewells to eachguest.
- Runthe floor plan, maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally, direct otherhost staff during service periods.
- Printand monitor supply of restaurant menus and wine lists for all meal periods.
- Presentmenus to guests and inform server of guest present at the table, return to thelobby to greet guests, and check dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Holdknowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Maintainaccurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Inspectmenus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walkthrough dining area and jade bar, note and correct any irregularities (lightsburned out, furniture repairs, etc.).
- Checkdining room and floors for cleanliness and take actions where needed.
- Ableto make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Responsiblefor daily communication and coordination of comp payments, tacking slips andthird party payments.
- Activelylisten and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and to resolveissues, show compassion and build trust.
- Assistwith training of new host/hostess staff.
- Answerphones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/ordirect the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledgeand thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experienceand follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- Whenclosing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attendall scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Befamiliar with emergency safety measures.
- Maintaina positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enablesgetting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Maintainand update communication book with group resume, holiday menus and information,upcoming events and resort daily activities etc.
- Assistmanagement to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources toeffectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Performadditional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager and/or AssistantManager.
The individual must possess the followingknowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate thathe/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or withoutreasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Dueto constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance andmust adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the EmployeeHandbook.
- Abilityto remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and ability to escort guests.
- Abilityto maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress workenvironment.
- Pleasantvoice and phone etiquette.
- Abilityto listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasantpersonality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questionsand service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork withfellow employees.
- Abilityto identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintaingood safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.