Lead Host/Hostess-Starting @ 15 hr. + gratuities - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet and seat guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Make a good first impression, and insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Manage seating charts and systems as well as relay pertinent information regarding guest requests to servers and management.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Provide a smile and friendly greeting for guests, use guest's name, confirm number in party, ask guests their seating preference and needs/requests, walk with guests at their pace to the table, alert guests of steps and inclines, and inform server and/or manager of special needs.
- Ensure all hostess/hosts staff provides warm welcomes and fond farewells to each guest.
- Run the floor plan, maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally, direct other host staff during service periods.
- Print and monitor supply of restaurant menus and wine lists for all meal periods.
- Present menus to guests and inform server of guest present at the table, return to the lobby to greet guests, and check dining room for guests who are ready to leave.
- Hold knowledge of the floor plan, server station assignments and table numbers.
- Maintain accurate seating chart and cover tally.
- Inspect menus for cleanliness and crispness and change out when necessary.
- Walk through dining area and jade bar, note and correct any irregularities (lights burned out, furniture repairs, etc.).
- Check dining room and floors for cleanliness and take actions where needed.
- Able to make reservations accurately and courteously.
- Responsible for daily communication and coordination of comp payments, tacking slips and third party payments.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and to resolve issues, show compassion and build trust.
- Assist with training of new host/hostess staff.
- Answer phones with knowledge of the operation of the resort and restaurant and/or direct the guests for further assistance.
- Acknowledge and thank exiting guests, ask them to return, ask about their dining experience and follow through with the manager with any guest issues.
- When closing, inspect for cleanliness and prepare the station for the next day.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Maintain and update communication book with group resume, holiday menus and information, upcoming events and resort daily activities etc.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Ability to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and ability to escort guests.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Pleasant voice and phone etiquette.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
Must be able to remain on feet for a prolonged period of time and to move through the dining room, patio and lobby to escort guests.
What are we looking for?