Lead Pastry Cook- Hotel Valley Ho
JOB SUMMARY ________
This position contributes to the success of Hotel Valley Ho by creatively and energetically ensuring beautiful and superior quality desserts delivered from our bakery program at ZuZu Restaurant and Catering. Ensure all pastry preparation and plate presentation is to established specifications of Chef.
JOB FUNCTIONS _______
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations as to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or Pastry Chef.
- Ensure that stations are properly staffed.
- Assist Executive Chef and Sous Chef in administrative functions such as scheduling and the control of both food and labor costs.
- Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; Train and motivate cooks.
- Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
- Organize an efficient flow of production and maintain minimum, but adequate staffing.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care of property equipment is exhibited by all employees.
- Always project a positive attitude; embrace and support the resort’s guidelines and procedures.
JOB REQUIREMENTS _________ _______
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Prior experience in a kitchen management position
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.