Lead Pastry Cook I-Starting @ $20 hr.
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled, and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision, and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or the Pastry Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in a high-stress/pressure work environment.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area to perform essential job functions.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Requires extending arms, bending, and stooping to reach materials.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver a quality product while under pressure.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.
What are we looking for?