Lead Server (Zuzu) - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark Hospitality is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a professional, warm, friendly and sincere manner. Insure guests are happy when leaving the restaurant. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Complete knowledge and fluency with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- At the end of service, will make sure appropriate amount of glassware and flatware was polished and roll-ups completed for next service period.
- Check out service staff’s closing paperwork: check accuracy of all discounts and comps, make sure appropriate information is filled out and signatures are obtained.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, pre-shifts, menu roll-outs and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures and state health codes.
- Total knowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, provenance, and potential substitutions is expected
- Fluent beverage knowledge to include, preparation, ingredients is expected. Complete navigation of the wine list, verbal presentation and descriptions of each wine by the glass.
- Ensure all levels of service are extended to our guests through professional, knowledgeable presentation of all our menu items and beverage offerings
- Communicate consistently with the FOH manager and Culinary Team.
- Complete all side-work responsibilities both opening and closing.
- Ensure complete table maintenance at all times throughout the guests dining experience.
- Close all guest check transactions accurately in POS system.
- Obtain service report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions and close out per established procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for all unsigned checks; report these to the manager.
- Follow established gratuity distribution to support staff and document per company procedure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders correctly and executed with care and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and work smoothly in high stress work environment.
- Ability to service a five-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- Strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures for dining room service.
- Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor immediately, delays will not be tolerated.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with an engaging and welcoming personality
- Someone who is descriptive and can sale
- Someone with 2-4 years of food service experience
- Someone with knowledge of wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits
- Someone who can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone with excellent communication skills