Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?To work within the framework of a quality
Food and Beverage service team. To serve food to our guests
in a personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a
positive dining experience. Demonstrate a leadership role to all other staff members. Be dedicated to our restaurant and the highest of standards. Maintain a positive outlook and lead by example.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests' dining experience.
- No cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service, and no gum chewing anytime.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Knowledge of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Will be able to service a five-table station during typical service demand.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the Micros system and other check processing procedures for dining room service. Able to help other employees with their questions and process discounts while still maintaining their assigned section.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments, key descriptors and potential allergies.
- Will expediently take orders from guests and expedite as soon as prepared from kitchen (keep constant watch over "ticket times").
- Ability to watch over and expedite food out of the kitchen in a timely and efficient manner. Able to communicate effectively with the kitchen line and management staff.
- Keep watch over all staff’s running side-work during shift. Check out staff member’s closing side-work with a "manager’s eye" (attention to the details, thoroughly completed).
- At the end of service, will make sure appropriate amount of glassware and flatware was polished and roll-ups completed for next service period.
- Check out service staff’s closing paperwork: check accuracy of all discounts and comps, make sure appropriate information is filled out and signatures are obtained. Gratuities are correct. Currency is correctly counted and dropped.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous food and beverage experience required.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weight and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- General knowledge of food, beer, wine & spirits.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere.
- Ability to work well with management staff and with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Company will provide an apron, nametag and server book. Employee is responsible for keeping uniform neat, clean and pressed at all times.
- Employee will provide white button up shirt, black pants, and black non-slip shoes.
- Employees will bring their wine keys, bank ($30-$40 change), paper, and will be in full uniform and ready to go onto the floor at their scheduled time.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with an engaging and welcoming personality
- Someone who is descriptive and can sale
- Someone with 2-4 years of food service experience
- Someone with knowledge of wine, beer, cocktails, and spirits
- Someone who can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone with excellent communication skills