Licensed Massage Therapist - Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
Position Summary: Enhance the Hotel Valley Ho guest experience by providing superior massage and body treatment services. Consistently provide exceptional customer service experience by anticipating and meeting guests needs.
- Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for guests and residents.
- Personalize each massage and/or body treatment to accommodate the individual needs of our guests and residents. Interact appropriately with guest and members whether it is a conversation or a quiet presence.
- Address guest by their name each time they are encountered.
- Follow established protocols to provide consistent, excellent service.
- Arrive and clock in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of shift; clock out no later than 15 minutes past the end of shift unless directed otherwise by management.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and able to accurately describe and sell services and products offered at VH Spa.
- Educate guests on Hotel Valley Ho activities and facilities.
- Provide product prescription sheet for all body treatments.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and restocking of your treatment room. Assist in maintaining cleanliness throughout VH Spa.
- Perform all opening and closing responsibilities noted on massage therapist and room checklist.
- Maintain excellent communication between activity in the treatment rooms and reception hosts. Provide accurate information to the reception hosts regarding type and length of treatment provided to guests. Constantly review bookings and guest notes for the day for booking errors, double bookings, allergies, special requests, etc.
- Assist hotel guests and residents with rescheduling, canceling, or new bookings as requested.
- Must have successfully completed training in shiatsu and body treatment(s) within the first 90 days.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout the hotel and spa.
- Pick up guest on time for each treatment, perform the full service, and return on time to ensure all appointments run in timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead Service Provider or other spa manager.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Current Arizona State massage license.
- Must have at least 750 hours of certified training and education.
- Training or knowledge in Aromatherapy theory/philosophy is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service.
- Hotel or Resort spa experience preferred.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to sit and/or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.