Maintenance Engineer I- Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
General Overview: The Maintenance Engineer is an hourly staff position within the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to perform preventive and/or unscheduled maintenance within the hotel. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The Maintenance Engineer will respond to guest requests as well as perform other duties within the engineering department as directed by the Assistant Chief or Director of Engineering.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal and spoken communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- At least 2 years of experience in resort maintenance or a similar field is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude in any of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction and/or repair.
- A basic understanding of Windows®based computer systems (Word, Excell, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department is desirable.
- Perform PM and repair work to all types of building systems and some mechanical equipment within the hotel and grounds.
- Assist guests with service requests on an as needed basis.
- Learn, understand and become proficient in all computer based systems utilized by the Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, CMMS systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- Work frequently with electrical circuits, plumbing systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- Have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50 lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’