At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
JOB SUMMARY: The Engineering Manager contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by maintaining, in working order, the entirety of all resort facilities, including building structures, casitas, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive resort. Manage all rehabilitation, expansion, and special projects. Ensure the safety and comfort of guests and employees
- Oversee administrative functions and daily operations of the Engineering, Grounds & Security Departments.
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Manage department spending within budgetary constraints.
- Coordinate projects with outside contractors and other resort departments.
- Delegate assignments to the Chief Engineer, as needed.
- Select, develop, train and supervise staff; managing both grounds and engineering staff.
- Develop, determine and implement policies, procedures and programs.
- Forecast payroll and expenditure budget for following year.
- Review and analyze proposals submitted, to determine if benefits derived and if possible applications justify expenditures.
- Develop life cycle analysis and manage Capital Projects planning.
- Negotiate contracts with consulting firms to perform research, applicable studies or support.
- Uphold and enforce company policies.
- Represent company and conduct business in a manner which upholds the resort’s interest and image.
- Deal effectively with guests and workplace colleagues from a variety of cultures.
- Create a work environment which is motivating to employees
- Implement all guidelines and procedures as established in the employee handbook.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the General Manager
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
- Excellent English verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals and products.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the entire shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach and crouch for materials.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and guest complaints in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to continually promote teamwork and superior guest satisfaction.
- Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments affecting the safe and effective operation of the building facility.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills or experience.
- Able to rephrase, or translate fairly technical information into layman terms.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.