At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
Position Summary: Enhance the Hotel Valley Ho guest experience by providing superior massage and body treatment services. Consistently provide exceptional customer service experience by anticipating and meeting guests needs.
Available Saturday and Sunday
- Promote a warm, relaxed feeling for guests and residents.
- Personalize each massage and/or body treatment to accommodate the individual needs of our guests and residents. Interact appropriately with guest and members whether it is a conversation or a quiet presence.
- Address guest by their name each time they are encountered.
- Follow established protocols to provide consistent, excellent service.
- Arrive and clock in at least 15 minutes prior to the start of shift; clock out no later than 15 minutes past the end of shift unless directed otherwise by management.
- Be extremely knowledgeable and able to accurately describe and sell services and products offered at VH Spa.
- Educate guests on Hotel Valley Ho activities and facilities.
- Provide product prescription sheet for all body treatments.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization and restocking of your treatment room. Assist in maintaining cleanliness throughout VH Spa.
- Perform all opening and closing responsibilities noted on massage therapist and room checklist.
- Maintain excellent communication between activity in the treatment rooms and reception hosts. Provide accurate information to the reception hosts regarding type and length of treatment provided to guests. Constantly review bookings and guest notes for the day for booking errors, double bookings, allergies, special requests, etc.
- Assist hotel guests and residents with rescheduling, canceling, or new bookings as requested.
- Must have successfully completed training in shiatsu and body treatment(s) within the first 90 days.
- Provide assistance when necessary throughout the hotel and spa.
- Pick up guest on time for each treatment, perform the full service, and return on time to ensure all appointments run in timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead Service Provider or other spa manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Current Arizona State massage license.
- Must have at least 750 hours of certified training and education.
- Training or knowledge in Aromatherapy theory/philosophy is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment.
- Experience with hospitality and customer service.
- Hotel or Resort spa experience preferred.
- Professional, flexible and positive attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to sit and/or stand continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of guests’ needs.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.