Mechanical Engineer- Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is an hourly staff position within the Engineering department. The main focus of this position is to perform preventive maintenance as well as troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment within the hotel. This person must be proactive in their approach to solving daily challenges. The Mechanical Engineer will also perform other duties within the engineering department as directed by the Assistant Chief or Director of Engineering.
- Must possess adequate written, verbal communication skills in the English Language.
- Must possess ability to follow instructions.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow safety procedures.
- At least 5 years in resort maintenance or acceptable similar field(s).
- Proven mechanical aptitude in some or all of the following fields: HVACR, electrical, plumbing, commercial food equipment and building construction and/or repair.
- Must possess at least basic understanding of Windows® based computer systems (Word, Excell, etc.) or the ability to learn pertinent applications for the engineering department.
- Possess or the ability to acquire, EPA refrigerant certification
- The Mechanical Engineer will perform PM and repair work to all types of mechanical equipment and building systems within the hotel and grounds.
- The Mechanical Engineer will assist guests with service requests on an as needed basis.
- The Mechanical Engineer will need to learn, understand and become proficient in all computer based systems utilized by the Engineering department (i.e. energy management systems, electronic key systems, CMMS systems, HVACR controls, etc.).
- The Mechanical Engineer will work frequently with electrical circuits, plumbing, HVACR, commercial food equipment and pneumatic systems as well as various power and hand tools.
- The Mechanical Engineer will have to meet challenges with a positive and proactive attitude.
- The Mechanical Engineer will have to perform work so that it is done on time and satisfactorily to all parties concerned.
- The Mechanical Engineer will perform daily checks of the HVACR and various other systems within the hotel.
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders
- Lifting through full range (50 lbs.)
- Physical flexibility enough to work in confined spaces
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather
- Ability to properly wear any required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work at heights above 6’
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.