National Sales Manager-East Coast Territory-Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: To represent the hotel in negotiations with meeting planners.
- To manage all aspects of sales in a designated geographical market segment, while achieving specific individual and team goals.
- To prepare, present, and negotiate group service contract proposals, including pre-determining availability of rooms/meeting space; verifying group history; securing deposits from contracted groups; and negotiating within pre-set guidelines, or to variances established by the Director of Sales.
- To personally conduct site inspections with potential and current clients, including dining with them at one of the hotel restaurants.
- To travel on a regular basis to designated target cities, in order to directly solicit business and participate in industry show events.
- To work with the Director of Sales Marketing to design and implement territorial sales action plans, including setting personal and team goals, and creating and implementing promotions.
- To maintain cordial social and business contact with representatives of past, repeat, and potential group business.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, and take personal responsibility for the complete satisfaction of all in-house groups.
- To participate in manager focus groups, Hotel Valley Ho MOD program, and hotel industry associations (MPI, HSMA), and to attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To document all sales interactions in a clear, concise manner.
- To follow specified procedures to properly complete daily, weekly, and monthly sales activity reports.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Hotel Management, or equivalent experience required.
- Five years minimum experience in group sales in a hotel of comparable quality.
- Familiarity with industry terms required.
- Must have basic knowledge of accepted business writing formats and usage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Upscale/luxury level property and independent hotel experience preferred.
- East coast market knowledge preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.