National Sales Manager-Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
To represent the hotel in negotiations with meeting planners.
- To manage all aspects of sales in a designated geographical market segment, while achieving specific individual and team goals.
- To prepare, present, and negotiate group service contract proposals, including pre-determining availability of rooms/meeting space; verifying group history; securing deposits from contracted groups; and negotiating within pre-set guidelines, or to variances established by the Director of Sales.
- To personally conduct site inspections with potential and current clients, including dining with them at one of the hotel restaurants.
- To travel on aregular basis to designated target cities, in order to directly solicit business and participate in industry show events.
- To work the Director of Sales Marketing to design and implement territorial sales action plans, including setting personal and team goals, and creating and implementing promotions.
- To maintain cordial social and business contact with representatives of past, repeat, and potential group business.
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, and take personal responsibility for the complete satisfaction of all in-house groups.
- To participate in manager focus groups, Hotel Valley Ho MOD program, and hotel industry associations (MPI, HSMA), and to attend hotel functions, as directed.
- To document all sales interactions in a clear, concise manner.
- To follow specified procedures to properly complete daily, weekly, and monthly sales activity reports.
- To follow all policies and procedures of Hotel Valley Ho.
- To maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas at all times.
- To practice safe work habits at all times, to avoid injury to self and others.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing or Hotel Management, or equivalent experience required.
- Five years minimum experience in group sales in a hotel of comparable quality.
- Familiarity with industry terms required.
- Must have basic knowledge of accepted business writing formats and usage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Upscale/luxury level property and independent hotel experience preferred.
- East coast market knowledge preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.