Night Auditor- Hotel Valley Ho
TheNightAuditoris responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions,which occurred during the day at the hotel. Responsible for the overalloperations and appearance of the front desk.
- Greet guests upon arrival, check them in and provide them with any information they need to enjoy their stay
- Audit and balance reports from the day shifts
- Schedule guest wake-up calls and reservations for the following day
- Verify that all EOD work has been performed by other departments
- Respond to guest inquiries, concerns and complaints as needed
- Answer phones and place reservations
- Prepare guest bills for next-day checkouts and process reservation cards
- Balance cash drawers and record receipts
- Facilitate the deposit of guests’ valuables in hotel safe
Specific jobknowledge, skill and ability:
Theindividual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be ableto explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions ofthe job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combinationof skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera.
- 1 Year Hotel/resort front desk experience required.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practicesof occupational safety and health including wearing personalprotective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.