Night Auditor- Hotel Valley Ho
The Night Auditor is responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the day at the hotel. Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk.
- Greet guests upon arrival, check them in and provide them with any information they need to enjoy their stay
- Audit and balance reports from the day shifts
- Schedule guest wake-up calls and reservations for the following day
- Verify that all EOD work has been performed by other departments
- Respond to guest inquiries, concerns and complaints as needed
- Answer phones and place reservations
- Prepare guest bills for next-day checkouts and process reservation cards
- Balance cash drawers and record receipts
- Facilitate the deposit of guests’ valuables in hotel safe
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera.
- 1 Year Hotel/resort front desk experience required.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.