Night Auditor-Starting @ $16 hr.
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?The Night Auditor is responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the day at the hotel. Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Greet guests upon arrival, check them in and provide them with any information they need to enjoy their stay
- Audit and balance reports from the day shifts
- Schedule guest wake-up calls and reservations for the following day
- Verify that all EOD work has been performed by other departments
- Respond to guest inquiries, concerns and complaints as needed
- Answer phones and place reservations
- Prepare guest bills for next-day checkouts and process reservation cards
- Balance cash drawers and record receipts
- Facilitate the deposit of guests’ valuables in hotel safe
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience needed, preferably with Opera.
- 1 Year Hotel/resort front desk experience required.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent/professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Detailed and sales oriented.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
What are we looking for?