On Call Banquet Server - Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, food and beverage service. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' dining experience.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
· Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
· Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
· Set up the event room as instructed by the Captain and/or Manager to include linen, service ware, and glassware.
· Greet guests and respond to request in a friendly and courteous manner.
· Serve food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Captain and/or Manager to ensure consistency throughout the event.
· Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
· Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
· Check side duty list for opening and closing duties.
· Once function is complete, reset the event room according to the Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
· Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
· Abide by all State, Federal and hotel liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Banquet Captain and/or the Banquet Manager.
· No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime
· Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only
· One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
· Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly and detailed orientated.
· Previous food and beverage experience required.
· Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
· Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
· Ability to transport up to 50 lbs. though a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
· Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
· Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
· Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
· Ability to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Ability to handle hot plates and equipment.
· Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
· Strong attention to detail a must.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
· Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
· Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
· Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures
· Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
· Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
· Promote excellent guest.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Previous bartender experience with working wine and spirits knowledge.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.