Outlet Manager- Hotel Valley Ho
To work within the framework of a quality Food & Beverage Service team. Demonstrate a leadership role to all other staff members. Responsible for staffing, training, and schedules of Pool staff. Be dedicated to motivating staff to ensure the highest standard of service and presentation.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each dish served at the outlets as well as the drink menu, wine list and hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the pool and outlet layout and the property in general.
- Is knowledgeable about Hotel Valley Ho and its amenities.
- Exhibits control of all shifts; monitors standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Trains and motivates staff, building morale and practicing succession planning. Embraces and practices all Hotel Valley Ho standards.
- Monitor towel and dish pickup procedures, establishing timely pick-up and the overall cleanliness of the pool deck as a high priority.
- Ensures Pool Deck, cabana and Pool Bar areas are clean and organized, and that all equipment is functioning properly, reporting any problems to the Director of Engineering immediately.
- Assists with all functions as required by accounting; has strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Supervise all food and drink orders to ensure they are prepared to standard recipes; set-up and delivered on time.
- Should be familiar with all positions in the Pool Bar, and be able and willing to fill those positions when needed.
- Attends weekly F&B and Staff meetings; checks Banquet Event Orders to prepare for any scheduled functions, and informs crew of upcoming events.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Assists with Pool Bar/outlet inventories and controls costs. Performs monthly inventory and reconciles with purchases to confirm accurate accurate usage.
- Coordinates seasonal hours of operation changes. Communicates these changes to appropriate staff in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist with Maricopa County Health Code and compliance of the outlets and pool Bar and related employees.
- Trains staff accordingly, with regards to ensuring cleanliness and organization of pool area, bar, kitchen, and mini bar storage.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to lift and quickly transport heavy trays through wet and crowded areas.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Works well under pressure.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Must have previous server/bartender experience. Is knowledgeable regarding food,beverage and pool service techniques.
- Takes pride in their department and property; is detail orientated.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Opera and Micro experience a plus.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Department Food Handler's card, to be kept on file in Human Resources.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.