Overnight Cook II - Hotel Valley Ho-2
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho's success by being prepared to cook and present all menu items as required by the Chef. Also, assuring that your performance is at an advanced culinary level, in order to exceed the expectations of our guests and community. Always approach the job in a clean, organized, professional manner.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Responsible for the preparation, taste, and presentation of all menu items.
- Prepare and be set up for success according to distinct levels of business.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding approved and safe food-handling techniques.
- Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Department regulations on assigned stations at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temp. etc.).
- Cook and serve all items required by the menu, following designated recipes and procedures.
- Break down and thoroughly clean the station at the end of preparing a meal and at the end of a shift.
- Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Check with supervisors as to special projects or instructions.
- May be scheduled to relieve other cooks within the company.
- Take the initiative in maintaining a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chef and/or Sous Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must work well with support departments, to ensure product provided is prepared in a timely and at a high-quality standard.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition, and function efficiently in a high-stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in one area near hot equipment (ovens, burners, etc.).
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, and write English clearly.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver a quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending, and stooping to reach materials.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.