Overnight Room Service (Part-Time)
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing by working within the framework of the Room Service Department service team, practicing established standards and systems. Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each dish, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property in general. Is knowledgeable about Hotel Valley Ho and its amenities.
- Collects orders from the kitchen, ensuring they have been prepared correctly; and to promptly and efficiently deliver to the guest’s room.
- Responsible for fulfilling all functions as required by accounting; Submitting signed checks to R.S. Telephone Operator, reconciling daily sales etc.
- Assists with the collection of Room Service trays and other food and beverage items from the guest rooms. This also includes proper breakdown of trays and other items.
- No cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service. No gum chewing anytime.
- Should be familiar with Room Service Telephone Operators duties, and fill that position when needed.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will practice these standards throughout the guests dining experience.
- Consistently delivers courteous, professional service. Maintains high standards of cleanliness (personal appearance, equipment and facility) at all times.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Work well with food and beverage teammates and supporting departments.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Able to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests. Strong attention to detail a must
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Take pride in work.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
What are we looking for?