Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to the success of Hotel Valley Ho by leading and energetically ensuring beautiful and superior quality desserts delivered from our bakery program at ZuZu Restaurant and Catering. Ensure all pastry preparation and plate presentation is to established specifications of Chef.
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled, and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision, and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or Pastry Chef.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Ensure that stations are properly staffed.
- Assist Executive Chef and Sous Chef in administrative functions such as scheduling and the control of both food and labor costs.
- Maintain high employee morale and a good reliable staff; Train and motivate cooks.
- Ensure that all employees maintain high standards of dress and personal hygiene.
- Organize an efficient flow of production and maintain a minimum, but adequate staffing.
- Ensure proper maintenance and care of property equipment are exhibited by all employees.
- Always project a positive attitude; embrace and support the resort’s guidelines and procedures.