Pastry Cook II-Starting @ $16 hr.
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to the success of Hotel Valley Ho by creatively and energetically ensuring beautiful and superior quality desserts delivered from our bakery program. Ensure all pastry preparation and plate presentation is to established specifications of Chef.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Organize and clean pastry preparation stations to maintain established par stocks, prep levels for efficient production and appearance while exceeding health code standards.
- Ensure all food preparation supplies are properly ordered, received, handled, and stored.
- Assist wherever needed in any of the resort’s F&B food preparation outlets to ensure timely and smooth quality service.
- Develop positive working relations with all other departments.
- Maintain consistency of product with great attention to food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Aid in the concept, creativity, revision, and implementation of all menus.
- Set the example as it relates to speed, cleanliness and accuracy.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef and/or the Pastry Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in a high-stress/pressure work environment.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours standing in one area to perform essential job functions.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Requires extending arms, bending, and stooping to reach materials.
- Must be responsible, insightful, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours.
- Ability to quickly deliver a quality product while under pressure.
- Good communication skills, and able to not only manage but motivate people.
- Promote excellent guest relations.
- Maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- At all times maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and a positive attitude toward all resort guests and fellow co-workers.