PM Busser-Food Runner-Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: To work within the framework of the Foodand Beverage service
team. To assistservers in providing ourguests with prompt and efficient diningexperience
in apersonable, courteous and professionalmanner. Impeccablegrooming standards are
- Willbe thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and willadhere to these standards throughout our guests’ dining experience.
- Willassist servers with general service; will assist with removal of completedcourses from the table.
- Willbe able to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typicalservice demand.
- Afterguests have been seated, will provide water service to the table. Willreplenish throughout service.
- Willset up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room. Will restock stations throughout service.
- Will clear and reset dirty tables as quickly andquietly as possible after guests depart.Including breakfast table set-up and making sure things are placed toperfection.
- Willbreak down bus trays at dishwashing station; will assist dishwashers whenneeded.
- Will perform post service duties in kitchenand dining room in a generally expedient manner.
- Mustknow table and position numbers, and be able tofulfill role as Food Runner as dictated by the schedule.
- Willassist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Will work together with other server assistants toensure optimum efficiency.
- Befamiliar with emergency safety measures including Heimlich maneuver, CPR andfire evacuation procedures.
- No cell phones. No smoking during service, no gumchewing anytime
Specificjob knowledge, skill and ability:
Theindividual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and beable to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functionsof the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some othercombination of skills and abilities.
- Goodphysical condition in order to lift moderate weights, move quickly, and remainon feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Pleasantpersonality to effectively deal with guest questions and service and tocontribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Mustbe keen with an attention to detail, i.e. mentally able to retain serviceorders and perform service standards.
- Well-groomedappearance according to company guidelines.
- Previousdining experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practicesof occupational safety and health including wearing personalprotective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Food and Beverage Office.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.