Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To assist pool servers and bartenders in providing outstanding service to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout our guests' pool experience.
- Be aware of the liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Must have a strong knowledge of hotel dining room hours of operation.
- Obtain necessary service ware items from the kitchen at the beginning of shift. Requisition and stock towels and paper products as needed. Return all dirty service ware to dishwasher at end of shift, and towels to housekeeping.
- Provide prompt, friendly, towel, misting and water service to all guests.
- Assist in the preparation of drinks, when needed, and garnish to standard recipes.
- Move umbrellas and lounge chairs at the request of guests.
- Ensure all pool tables, chairs, and cabanas in service areas are clean and orderly. Maintain cleanliness of these areas throughout the service period. Pick up litter around service and guest area when necessary.
- After guests have departed, will remove dirty dishware, wipe, reset tables a well as reset lounge chairs with new towels.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR, the Heimlich maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Ability to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Excellent physical condition in order to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time. Must be able to carry food and beverages through crowded areas safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
What are we looking for?
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.