Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, consistent liquor product, served in a personable, courteous, and professional manner. Ensuring that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, and working within the framework of the food and beverage service team.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with the wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Perform requisitions, receive, rotate and stock procedures of all beverage items.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Review bartender production stations to ensure they are completely stocked for quick and efficient service to the guests, waiters and cocktail servers.
- Inform manager of any problems with dispensing systems, guests, repairs etc.
- Produce drinks as ordered by cocktail server and/or food server through the micros system, enter all direct guest orders in micros before producing drinks.
- Maintain the bar area in a neat and clean manner throughout service.
- Perform post service duties in bar.
- Complete daily and weekly designated cleaning duties.
- Work special group functions as required.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions including as well as wine tasting and daily pre-service meetings.
- Perform opening and closing duties as specified in bartender duties checklist.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Manager.