Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a professional, warm, friendly, and sincere manner. Ensure guests are happy when leaving the pool. Serve food to guests in a personable, courteous manner ensuring a positive dining experience.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Complete knowledge and fluency with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, pre-shifts, menu roll-outs and supplemental training sessions.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures and state health codes.
- Total knowledge of all menu items including ingredients, preparation, provenance, and potential substitutions is expected
- Fluent beverage knowledge to include, preparation, ingredients is expected. Complete navigation of the wine list, verbal presentation and descriptions of each wine by the glass.
- Ensure all levels of service are extended to our guests through professional, knowledgeable presentation of all our menu items and beverage offerings
- Communicate consistently with the FOH manager and Culinary Team.
- Complete all side-work responsibilities both opening and closing.
- Ensure complete table maintenance at all times throughout the guests dining experience.
- Close all guest check transactions accurately in POS system.
- Obtain service report from micros and finalize all settlement transactions and close out per established procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for all unsigned checks; report these to the manager.
- Follow established gratuity distribution to support staff and document per company procedure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Outlet Manager.