Pool Server-Hotel Valley Ho
To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To serve cocktails and food to our guests in a personable,
courteous and professional manner.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout our guests dining experience.
- Will offer misting service and towels to guests.
- Greet guest within one minute of seating with cup or cups of ice water and take beverage order. Also required to service items from a limited menu.
- These items will be ordered through the micros system and picked up from the Pool Kitchen.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments and specific service.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages available including ingredients, garnish and specific service. Also, must have a strong knowledge of the resort dining room menus and hours of operation.
- Obtain report from micros system and finalize all transactions. Will be responsible and held accountable for all unsigned guest checks and will report these to the manager.
- Complete requisition for all required paper goods, beverage supplies and perishable items.
- Prepare your own drinks and garnish to standard recipes.
- Ensure all pool tables, chairs, and cabana’s in service are clean and orderly.
- Maintain cleanliness of these tables and chairs throughout the service period. Pick up litter around service and guest area when necessary.
- Empty glassware and dirty dishware will be removed promptly. After guests have departed, will remove dirty dishware and wipe and reset table.
- Cigarette pails will be kept clean and free of butts.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR, the Heimlich Maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Determine gratuity distribution according to set department standards.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Will obtain completed check from micros and present to the guest. Finalize the check in system according to method of settlement.
- Able to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
- No Cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service. No Gum Chewing anytime.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Excellent physical condition in order to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time. Must be able to carry food and beverages safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Company will provide shirt and shorts (men) skort (women). Employee will be responsible for keeping uniform neat and clean.
- Employee will provide white sneakers, white socks, white belt, white pants or shorts.