Pool Server-Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
To work within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. To serve cocktails and food to our guests in a personable,
courteous and professional manner.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout our guests dining experience.
- Will offer misting service and towels to guests.
- Greet guest within one minute of seating with cup or cups of ice water and take beverage order. Also required to service items from a limited menu.
- These items will be ordered through the micros system and picked up from the Pool Kitchen.
- Know all menu items including ingredients, preparation, required condiments and specific service.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages available including ingredients, garnish and specific service. Also, must have a strong knowledge of the resort dining room menus and hours of operation.
- Obtain report from micros system and finalize all transactions. Will be responsible and held accountable for all unsigned guest checks and will report these to the manager.
- Complete requisition for all required paper goods, beverage supplies and perishable items.
- Prepare your own drinks and garnish to standard recipes.
- Ensure all pool tables, chairs, and cabana’s in service are clean and orderly.
- Maintain cleanliness of these tables and chairs throughout the service period. Pick up litter around service and guest area when necessary.
- Empty glassware and dirty dishware will be removed promptly. After guests have departed, will remove dirty dishware and wipe and reset table.
- Cigarette pails will be kept clean and free of butts.
- Check side duty list for opening and closing procedures.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including CPR, the Heimlich Maneuver and fire evacuation procedures.
- Determine gratuity distribution according to set department standards.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Will obtain completed check from micros and present to the guest. Finalize the check in system according to method of settlement.
- Able to professionally service guests’ poolside without assistance during typical service demand.
- No Cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service. No Gum Chewing anytime.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities.
- Previous food and beverage experience preferred.
- Excellent physical condition in order to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time. Must be able to carry food and beverages safely and professionally.
- A sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company standards.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Company will provide shirt and shorts (men) skort (women). Employee will be responsible for keeping uniform neat and clean.
- Employee will provide white sneakers, white socks, white belt, white pants or shorts.