PR & Marketing Manager
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position will involve marketing and public relations for both Hotel Valley Ho and Mountain Shadows. The PR & marketing manager’s work will include the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance including the management of the property websites, social media content, media relations (dependent on experience) overseeing third party referral platforms, electronic newsletters, creating promotional programing, and other miscellaneous marketing needs. This position will include partial remote work once all onboarding and training is completed.
- Writing for newsletters, brochures, social media, websites, and other marketing materials
- Gather content and write email newsletters
- Create content for social media
- Oversee social media inbox (comments/tags)
- Assist with media pitching (dependent on experience)
- Vet influencer requests
- Serve as point-person for on-site photo, video, and television shoots as needed
- Fill in for PR director on select occasions (media inquiries, lunches, etc.)
- Manage online website listings
- Gather information from departments for media inquiries, newsletters, websites, etc. in order to create and launch promotional programming.
- Provide creative ideas for events and programming; collaborate with internal teams to execute
- Update the property websites with vents, specials, etc.
- Ensure consistent and accurate copy across all communications
- Handle preparations for media visits
- Update and manage third-party referral sites (i.e. Tripadvisor, Yelp, etc.)
- Respond to online guest reviews
- Log media mentions
- Create reports each month with details on marketing/PR efforts
- Formatting, proofing, and printing of menus and flyers
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Area Director of Sales + Marketing & Area Director of PR
- While not common, assistance may be needed on select nights or weekends.
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Work experience or degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outgoing personality and ability to comfortably interface with journalist, clients, and partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs basic photo editing. Computer literacy essential.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean, and professional.