Private Bar-Hotel Valley Ho
This positioncontributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing by working within theframework of the Room Service Department service team, practicing establishedstandards and systems. Assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beveragesto our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
Note: the followingduties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Bethoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation foreach dish, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverageoutlets.
- Hasa thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property in general. Isknowledgeable about Hotel Valley Ho and its amenities.
- Collectsorders from the kitchen, ensuring they have been prepared correctly; and topromptly and efficiently deliver to the guest’s room.
- Responsiblefor fulfilling all functions as required by accounting; Submitting signedchecks to R.S. Telephone Operator, reconciling daily sales etc.
- Mustbe proficient in the use of the Micros point of sale system.
- Hasexcellent telephone skills; always adheres to the Hotel Valley Ho Standard forTelephone etiquette, and uses the guests name whenever possible.
- Ensuresthe phones are always covered by a trained staff member during breaks and mealperiods.
- Attendspre-meal meetings and is aware of daily soup, special, there method ofpreparation and if anything is not available from the kitchen or bar.
- Doublechecks each order to insure it is correct and complete.
- Keepsdeck and work area (telephone, computer, bulletin board) clean andorganized.
- Ordersand stocks sufficient supplies (micros paper, menus, order forms, pens, amenitycards, etc.)
- Isaware of the number of occupied rooms, and stocks accordingly.
- Takesthe initiative to complete various tasks and assists servers during slowperiods (polish silverware / glasses, folding napkins, wiping down the roomservice dept. etc.)
- Isfamiliar with various forms and communication essential to Room Serviceoperations (amenity forms, cakes, flowers etc.), informing all departmentsinvolved.
- Assistswith the collection of Room Service trays and other food and beverage itemsfrom the guest rooms. This also includes proper breakdown of trays and otheritems.
- Bethoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and willpractice these standards throughout the guests dining experience.
- Consistentlydelivers courteous, professional service. Maintains high standards ofcleanliness (personal appearance, equipment and facility) at all times.
- Privatebar store room is to be clean and organized at all times.
- Requisitionproducts from storeroom as needed to maintain established par levels.
- Reportany maintenance issues to a manager/IRD captain to ensure a work order isgenerated.
- Maintaineach private bar according to standards, ensure labels on products are facingthe guest, and keep clean at all times.
- Stockprivate bars according to par levels and guest requests.
- Checkeach item for open seals, dust off products and polish glassware prior to guestarrival and check products for expiration dates.
- Recordall items removed by the guest on the proper billing sheets.
- Defrostprivate bar fridge when necessary.
- Ensureall glassware in for the bar is up to par and polished.
- Deliverice to all the occupied rooms and offer to restock the mini bar.
The individualmust possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able toexplain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of thejob, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination ofskills and abilities.
- Mustbe extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely andcorrectly. Work well with food and beverage teammates and supportingdepartments.
- Mustbe motivated and a self-starter. Takethe initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Mustbe in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quicklytransport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Ableto work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Able to carry loaded trays on slipperysurfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solidinterpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectivelydeal with guests. Strong attention to detail a must
- Abilityto listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Knowledgeableregarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Take pride in work.
- Hasa sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.