Private Bar-Hotel Valley Ho
To work within the framework of the Room
Service Department service team, practicing established standards
and systems. Provides guests with a fully-stocked and well-maintained
mini-bar on a consistent basis throughout their stay.
- Stock the mini-bar cart with the necessary items in order to maintain the par level on a daily basis.
- Clean and defrost the mini-bars regularly and consistently.
- Maintain a fully stocked inventory of all min-bar items. If par level is low, order the necessary items from the storeroom.
- Inventory all guest mini-bars on a daily basis and post the appropriate charges to the room prior to guest departures.
- Raising of checks and maintain Mini-bar register.
- Authorize to enter in all guest rooms pertaining to mini-bar at any given point of time.
- Stock and replace missing items, inspect, move and clean the min-bars in accordance with departmental procedures and policies.
- Maintain track and complete daily worksheets of mini bar stock.
- Responsible for replenishment of mini-bar items in rooms.
- Responsible for maintaining the min-bar pantry in terms of par stock, stacking and cleanliness.
- Ensure products in mini-bar are not expired and take the proper procedure to remove those products as necessary.
- Maintain and complete assigned floors and rooms requesting mini-bar service.
- Ensure rotation of all min-bar products.
- Communicate effectively with Room Service Captain any issues and/or concerns.
- No cell phones or personal calls except in emergencies. No smoking during service. No gum chewing anytime.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will practice these standards throughout the guests dining experience. Consistently delivers courteous, professional service. Maintains high standards of cleanliness (personal appearance, equipment and facility) at all times.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Attend all staff meetings and supplemental training sessions.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Works well with food and beverage teammates and support departments. Good communication essential. Relays guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self starter. Takes the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods. Keeps work area and equipment clean and organized at all times. Fulfills side duties as assigned by Room Service Captain and manager.
- Ensures all equipment is functioning properly, reporting any problems to the Room Service Captain or manager immediately.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Beverage, Room Service Captain or Room Service Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Can carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Can handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Must have previous sever experience. Is knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Takes pride in their department and property; is detail orientated.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.