Purchasing/Receiving Clerk - Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
Summary: Each day, you will be: receiving in product for the Hotel, receiving in packages for Guests, and fulfilling requisitions for different departments, while occasionally placing orders with vendors and handling some outbound shipments. You will be responsible for maintaining certain logs, both physical and digital, for item movement- including monthly inventory counts.
- Receives grocery, produce, supply, and beverage products.
- Ensure order accuracy and delivery to the proper storage locations.
- Handle inbound UPS and/or Federal Express and ensure timely delivery of all packages to recipients. This includes all inbound freight items.
- Assist in maintaining daily and monthly receiving/outbound logs to ensure that all Packages and deliveries are accounted for.
- Assist other departments with the requisition and delivery of certain products from purchasing storerooms.
- Assist Food and Beverage team in proper rotation and quality control of all inbound products.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with month end inventories as dictated by business needs.
- Assist in the maintenance and appearance of the loading dock and receiving area.
- Assist in the proper rotation of liquor, beer, wine, and soda items and check for accuracy of their deliveries.
- Assist in maintaining china, glass, and silver inventory on a monthly basis as well as organization of the area.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Purchasing Director and/or Purchasing Supervisor.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage products.
- Ability to work on computer based systems using inventory sheets, bid sheets and have knowledge of working within vendor websites.
- Will need to be able to communicate to vendors by placing orders.
- Knowledge of how to ship out packages with Fed Ex, UPS and freight companies required.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand product invoices and receiving documentation and comparing these documents to property generated purchase orders.
- Ability to communicate well with delivery drivers and other departmental team members on a regular basis.
- Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly. Bi-lingual skills helpful but not required.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the person and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Must be 19 years of age or older due to handling liquor constantly.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and on ladder.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. overhead.
- Ability to walk on steep surfaces, both flat and uneven.
- Software knowledge in Excel and Word required.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.