Receiving Agent-Starting @ $15 hr.
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Position Summary: Assist in the receiving of stock and food items from remote warehouse and direct shipment from sources. Adhere to the maintenance and operation of the requisition system and assuring those quality standards are met within the service center. Receiving Clerk Admin, will be responsible for placing orders with vendors, inputting inventories and log sheets electronically, and handling the shipping out of packages and maintaining the logs.
- Assist in the receipt of all food and beverage products. Ensure delivery of such products to proper storage locations.
- Handle inbound UPS and/or Federal Express and ensure timely delivery of all packages to recipients. This includes all inbound freight items.
- Assist in maintaining daily and monthly receiving/outbound logs to ensure that all packages and deliveries are accounted for.
- Assist in the coordination with departments for product release and delivery of items maintained by purchasing for property-wide use.
- Assist the Food and Beverage team in proper rotation and quality control of all inbound products.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with month-end inventories as dictated by business needs.
- Assist in the maintenance and appearance of the loading dock and receiving area.
- Assist in the proper rotation of soda, water, and beer items and assist in the coordination of accurate check requests upon COD deliveries.
- Assist in maintaining china, glass, and silver inventory on a monthly basis as well as the organization of the area.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Purchasing Manager and/or Lead Receiving Clerk
Specific job knowledge, skill, and ability:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in a high-stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are a must.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage products.
- Ability to work on computer-based systems using inventory sheets, bid sheets and have knowledge of working within vendor websites.
- Will need to be able to communicate to vendors by placing orders.
- Knowledge of how to ship out packages with Fed Ex, UPS, and freight companies required.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand product invoices and receiving documentation, and comparing these documents to property generated purchase orders.
- Ability to communicate well with delivery drivers and other departmental team members on a regular basis.
- Ability to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak, and write English clearly. Bi-lingual skills helpful but not required.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the person, and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Valid Food Handler’s card required.
- Must be 19 years of age or older due to handling liquor constantly.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and on a ladder.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. overhead.
- Ability to walk on steep surfaces, both flat and uneven.
- Software knowledge in Excel and Word required.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.