Reservation Sales Agent -Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: The Reservation Agent is a key facilitator of the hotel guest's experiences. The main focus of the position is to provide a consistent, accurate, friendly and sincere level of guest service to all callers.
- Ensure all reservations calls are answered in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Maximize every opportunity to close each reservations call, or obtain the caller’s contact information follow-up efforts.
- Follow through on every call with confirmations and information requested regarding reservations.
- Work closely with Front Desk to ensure full occupancy on busy days.
- Ensure all necessary information is received from arriving guests, to facilitate their arrival and comfort prior to and during their stay.
- Keep all reservations accounts, traces and specific requests for each arriving guest up to par.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Reservations Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and function efficiently in high stress/pressure work environment. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude is a must.
- Computer experience required. Must be able to display effective computer literacy and be familiar with MS Office software (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Knowledge of OPERA, NAVIS Certification, Applications & Software knowledge a plus. Knowledge of the internet, GDS and Extranets preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year reservations, sales or related experience.
- Ability to sit continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Clear, articulate telephone voice and excellent professional communication skills required
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write clearly and multitask well.
- Customer service & sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the surrounding area is a plus.
- Work varying schedules to reflect the business needs.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.