Restaurant Manager - Hotel Valley Ho
Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success assisting the Restaurant General Manager in the supervision of all food and beverage operations at the Restaurant in order to ensure the highest quality standards are met for food, service, cleanliness, and marketing of all operations. This position holds the responsibility for the daily operations of the ZuZu kitchen, as well as, the overall profitability of ZuZu.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Coordinate with the culinary department to implement new menus and seasonal promotions, such as holidays and special event promotions.
- Maintain inventory and pars, for the restaurant and outlets, ensuring appropriate levels of linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, are delivered and stored. Communicate any ordering needs to Restaurant General Manager.
- Work with Executive Chef and culinary staff to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
- Taste ‘new menu’ rollout food and beverage products for consistency, ensure staff knowledge, and develop culinary testing to ensure fluent knowledge.
- Check that all equipment is in working order, communicate any dysfunctions.
- Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests at all times.
- Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests in F&B outlets.
- Interact with customers to determine needs, satisfaction and resolve conflicts, be a proactive participant in guest recovery.
- Assist line employees in coordinating services from support departments, such as maintaining adequate stock of linen.
- Visit and observe competitive resort and restaurant operations to keep abreast of marketing techniques and promotions.
- Perform duties of the Restaurant General Manager when necessary to ensure proper management coverage is maintained.
- Perform and support line employee job functions, under high volume and emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant General Manager.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
- Hire, train, motivate and schedule staff in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards. Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine.
- Conduct coaching and counseling when necessary; write and present associate annual reviews per the direction and support of the Restaurant General Manager.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have good wine knowledge.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits programs, Opentable, Excel and cashier close-outs.
- Have familiarity with all positions in restaurant; be able and willing to fill positions, when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered. Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality product while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0044168