Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success assisting the Restaurant General Manager in the supervision of all food and beverage operations at the Restaurant in order to ensure the highest quality standards are met for food, service, cleanliness, and marketing of all operations. This position holds the responsibility for the daily operations of the ZuZu kitchen, as well as, the overall profitability of ZuZu. .
- Coordinate with the culinary department to implement new menus and seasonal promotions, such as holidays and special event promotions.
- Maintain inventory and pars, for the restaurant and outlets, ensuring appropriate levels of linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments, are delivered and stored. Communicate any ordering needs to Restaurant General Manager.
- Work with Executive Chef and culinary staff to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
- Taste ‘new menu’ rollout food and beverage products for consistency, ensure staff knowledge, and develop culinary testing to ensure fluent knowledge.
- Check that all equipment is in working order, communicate any dysfunctions.
- Visually inspect and take action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests at all times.
- Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests in F&B outlets.
- Interact with customers to determine needs, satisfaction and resolve conflicts, be a proactive participant in guest recovery.
- Assist line employees in coordinating services from support departments, such as maintaining adequate stock of linen.
- Visit and observe competitive resort and restaurant operations to keep abreast of marketing techniques and promotions.
- Perform duties of the Restaurant General Manager when necessary to ensure proper management coverage is maintained.
- Perform and support line employee job functions, under high volume and emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant General Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS _______
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice succession planning.
- Hire, train, motivate and schedule staff in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards. Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine.
- Conduct coaching and counseling when necessary; write and present associate annual reviews per the direction and support of the Restaurant General Manager.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching and counseling forms.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.