Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:Assist the Restaurant General Manager in the supervision of the restaurant operations and personnel in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for food, service, and cleanliness.
- Lead restaurant staff in service period.
- Knowledgeable about the resort and its packages.
- Ensure staff accurately rings orders.
- Monitor sitting and serving procedures, establish timely service as a high priority.
- Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
- Assure each order is fulfilled to the guest’s request; if dissatisfaction occurs, effectively and appropriately diffuse as quickly as possible.
- Edit employee timesheets bi-weekly to ensure smooth payroll.
- Perform line employees' job functions as needed under high volume and emergency situations.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Restaurant General Manager.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness, and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivate staff, build morale, and practice succession planning.
- Train restaurant staff in service of fine cuisine, this includes but is not limited to, clearing ladies’ plates first, etc.
- Train staff to recognize resort packages sold and how to ring these using micros system.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Interview, fill out personnel action forms, performance reviews, coaching, and counseling forms.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
- Must have two to three years of restaurant management experience.
- Current Food Handler’s Card.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage, and room service techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Familiarity with all positions in the restaurant and be able and willing to fill those positions when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport heavy trays up to 60 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak, and write English clearly.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast, and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Ability to quickly deliver quality products while under pressure.
- Requires extending arms, bending, and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.