Restaurant Sales Supervisor
Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our "Be the Difference" philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by overseeing & assisting with all F&B operations. Works with all F&B Managers, and will assist wherever needed to ensure the smooth operation of the department with guest satisfaction as the first priority. Responsibilities include administrative duties involving the formatting and composition of menus, accounting, document creation, and restaurant reservations.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Responsible for coordinating with ZuZu Restaurant Manager in to support any reservations for private dining in our event spaces. This will require creating reservation in Open Table, fax or email menus to clients, create BEO and personalized menus.
- Responsible for booking, selling restaurant events.
- Works with Executive Chef on a personal and professional level to ensure all meetings are attended, documents are filled out and Hotel standards are met.
- Organizes Food Handler Cards for the F&B Department and regularly updates those that are expired or those employees whose aren’t on file in the F&B office.
- Will work with Restaurant Manager to ensure adequate phone coverage during prescribed hours, taking reservations and transferring phones when necessary.
- Creates and maintains filing systems and forms in order to operate efficiently as a department (ex. training manuals, special events, uniform issue etc.).
- Files and distributes Banquet Event Orders (B.E.O.) for ZuZu restaurant groups as needed; attends weekly F&B meetings and creates the agendas and then compiles minutes for review at the next F&B Meeting.
- Coordinates details for all off property special events such as Scottsdale Culinary Festival, Flavor of Phoenix etc. & may be requested to work an event by the Executive Chef.
- Assists with any and all special needs in relation to guest reservations at restaurant or hotel for F&B Department i.e. order cakes and/or flowers for Birthdays/Anniversaries; setup Tasting Menu Dinners for parties of 12 & under in elements.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Should have a passion for food, wine, and the hospitality industry.
- Should have a keen desire to function in a supporting role in a superior team.
- Must have prior experience in restaurant operations, and be willing to assist whenever and wherever needed (bussing tables, hosting, dishing up banquets etc.)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be familiar with Point-of-Sales systems.
- Must be responsible, insightful, organized and self-motivated.
- Must have good communication skills; ability to interact with guests, staff and supporting departments.
What are we looking for?