Retail Shop Cashier- Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, food and beverage service. Serve coffee and selling merchandise to guests in a
personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a positive experience.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' experience.
· Prepare and serve coffee drinks by following recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. while also delivering exceptional customer service.
· Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about coffee, tea and drink preparation and products.
· Assist with setup, cleanup, stock work and handling of food items.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
· Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
· Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
· Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
· Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Greet guests and respond to request in a friendly and courteous manner.
· Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Display complete competency in all POS functions: Keep current knowledge of merchandise and prices in the shop and location of such merchandise.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
· No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime
· One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the
job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities:
· Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly and detailed orientated.
· Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
· Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
· Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
· Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
· Strong attention to detail a must.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
· Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
· Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
· Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
· Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
· Promote excellent guest.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service is preferred.