Retail Shop Cashier- Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, food and beverage service. Serve coffee and selling merchandise to guests in a
personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a positive experience.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' experience.
· Prepare and serve coffee drinks by following recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. while also delivering exceptional customer service.
· Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about coffee, tea and drink preparation and products.
· Assist with setup, cleanup, stock work and handling of food items.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
· Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
· Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
· Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
· Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Greet guests and respond to request in a friendly and courteous manner.
· Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Display complete competency in all POS functions: Keep current knowledge of merchandise and prices in the shop and location of such merchandise.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
· No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime
· One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the
job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities:
· Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly and detailed orientated.
· Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
· Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
· Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
· Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
· Strong attention to detail a must.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
· Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
· Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
· Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
· Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
· Promote excellent guest.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Experience with hospitality and customer service is preferred.