Retail Shop Cashier- Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing guests with high quality, food and beverage service. Serve coffee and selling merchandise to guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner ensuring a positive experience.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and adhere to these standards throughout guests' experience.
- Prepare and serve coffee drinks by following recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. while also delivering exceptional customer service.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about coffee, tea and drink preparation and products.
- Assist with setup, cleanup, stock work and handling of food items.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, roll call meetings before events and supplemental training sessions.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Greet guests and respond to request in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Perform all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking the shelves with supplies.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Display complete competency in all POS functions: Keep current knowledge of merchandise and prices in the shop and location of such merchandise.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime
- One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly and detailed orientated.
- Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
- Ability to lift moderate weights and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Must be able to work in an area with high noise levels (music, guest conversations), and still maintain guest service.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service is preferred.