Room Attendant- Hotel Valley Ho
Hotel Valley Ho is where mid-century-modern architecture meets cool and contemporary.
We are looking to expand our team with friendly, hardworking, and passionate associates dedicated to the experiences we create for our guests at Hotel Valley Ho. Join the fun!
For additional positions please visit jobs.hotelvalleyho.com
Responsible for cleaning rooms and facilities and job duties instructed by the Housekeeping Supervisor, Assistant Director of Housekeeping, and Director of Housekeeping.
- The ability to follow payroll and key sign-out procedures.
- The ability to clean mirrors, furniture, ash urns, elevators, and doors.
- The ability to inventory and maintain the cleanliness of all linen closets and empty trash.
- Work well with other staff members by planning and following a definite cleaning schedule this will enable work to go faster and smoother.
- Follow instructions and training given by supervisor. Be cooperative and receptive to changes and helpful hints.
- All lost and found articles must be turned in to a supervisor or the Director of Housekeeping.
- The ability to spot clean furniture and carpets as instructed.
- At the start of the work day, obtain work reports from supervisor and proceed to
load cart with the supplies needed for the days cleaning.
- The ability to assist in moving beds and furniture as requested.
- The ability to offer assistance to guests when requested or needed.
- The ability to report any maintenance deficiencies to housekeeping.
- Following instructions given by Housekeeping supervisor on which rooms to clean first:
example: 1) Clean O/C rooms first. 2) Go to "due-in" rooms and get them ready
for check in. 3) Clean C/O rooms. 4) Clean all occupied rooms by 5pm.
- Ensure all bathrooms and beds are cleaned in rooms.
- Vacuum all rooms every day.
- If there are no housepersons around, sweet patio, wipe down patio furniture, front door and light fixtures. Dust all light bulbs with a dry rag in all rooms.
- Clean all mirrors and mop all tiled floors.
- If any rooms are found occupied or are in use and not listed on reports, report to supervisor immediately.
- Always make yourself available to help out another employee if you finish your section
- Clean cart when finished for the day and stock up for the next day of work.
- The ability to employ proper use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to complete any project assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Housekeeping.
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior hotel experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices f occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Standing, squatting, walking, climbing stairs.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Work in temperature extremes of heat, cold, inclement weather.
- Proper professional attire required by following appearance guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Appearance must always be neat, clean and professional.
- Name badge and proper/uniform must be worn at all times.