Room Service Captain - Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho’s success by providing by working within the framework of the Room Service Department service team, practicing established standards and systems. Supervises and assembles orders, delivers and serves food and beverages to our guests in a personable, courteous and professional manner.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with the menus, ingredients and methods of preparation for each dish, wine list, as well as hours of operation for all food and beverage outlets.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the room layout and the property in general. Is knowledgeable about Hotel Valley Ho and its amenities.
- Monitors standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Motivates staff, building morale and practicing succession planning. Embraces and practices all Hotel Valley Ho Standards. Monitor tray pickup procedures, establishing timely pick-up as a high priority.
- Is responsible for fulfilling all functions as required by accounting; has strong working knowledge of micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, and cashier close-outs.
- Be aware of all amenities to ensure they are set-up and delivered on time. Amenities should ideally be in the room before the guest arrives.
- Should be familiar with all positions in Room Service and be able and willing to fill those positions when needed.
- Attend all staff meetings and supplemental training sessions. Attends pre-meal meetings and is aware of daily soup, special, and their method of preparation and if anything is not available from the kitchen or bar.
- Be aware of all liquor laws as well as company and departmental policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Collects orders from the kitchen, ensuring they have been prepared correctly; and to promptly and efficiently deliver to the guest’s room.
- Assists with the collection of Room Service trays and other food and beverage items from the guest rooms. This also includes proper breakdown of trays and other items.
- Be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will practice these standards throughout the guests dining experience. Consistently delivers courteous, professional service. Maintains high standards of cleanliness (personal appearance, equipment and facility) at all times.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Works well with food and beverage teammates and support departments. Good communication essential. Relays guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self starter. Takes the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods. Keeps work area and equipment clean and organized at all times. Fulfills side duties as assigned by Room Service Manager.
- Ensures Room Service area is clean and organized, and that all equipment is functioning properly, reporting any problems to the Room Service Manager.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Room Service Manager as well as the Director of Food and Beverage
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly. Work well with food and beverage teammates and supporting departments.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Must be in good physical condition; able to drive a golf cart, and lift and quickly transport heavy trays and hot boxes up to 60 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Able to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces. Able to handle hot plates and equipment.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills. Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests. Strong attention to detail a must
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Knowledgeable regarding food, beverage and room service techniques. Take pride in work.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.