Server Assistant-Food Runner-Hotel Valley Ho
Position Summary: To work within the framework of the Food and Beverage service
team. To assist servers in providing ourguests with prompt and efficient dining experience
in a personable, courteous and professional manner. Impeccable grooming standards are
- Will be thoroughly familiar with all standards of proper service etiquette and will adhere to these standards throughout our guests’ dining experience.
- Will assist servers with general service; will assist with removal of completed courses from the table.
- Will be able to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
- After guests have been seated, will provide water service to the table. Will replenish throughout service.
- Will set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room. Will restock stations throughout service.
- Will clear and reset dirty tables as quickly and quietly as possible after guests depart. Including breakfast table set-up and making sure things are placed to perfection.
- Will break down bus trays at dishwashing station; will assist dishwashers when needed.
- Will perform post service duties in kitchen and dining room in a generally expedient manner.
- Must know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as Food Runner as dictated by the schedule.
- Will assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Will work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures including Heimlich maneuver, CPR and fire evacuation procedures.
- No cell phones. No smoking during service, no gum chewing anytime
Specific job knowledge, skill and ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good physical condition in order to lift moderate weights, move quickly, and remain on feet for a prolonged period of time.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guest questions and service and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Must be keen with an attention to detail, i.e. mentally able to retain service orders and perform service standards.
- Well-groomed appearance according to company guidelines.
- Previous dining experience preferred.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
- Proper professional attire required and employee must be clean and pressed for each shift.
- No cell phones or personal calls and no gum chewing anytime.
- Name tag must be worn at all times.
- Parking, eating & smoking in designated employee areas only. One meal per shift is provided through the employee cafeteria only.
County Legal Requirements
- Must possess a valid Maricopa County Health Dept. Food Handlers card to be kept on file in Food and Beverage Office.
- Must have completed County & State Liquor training.