Server Assistant / Food Runner
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This position contributes to ZuZu success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Assist servers in providing guests with a personable fine dining experience with a focus on our superior standards.
- Be familiar with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings, and pre-shifts, supplemental training sessions and menu roll outs.
- Assist servers with general service throughout the guest experience; provide water service offerings, after guest have been seated, and replenish throughout service. Support the assigned server through the steps of service.
- Provide bread service.
- Assist with removal of completed courses from the table - reset as needed or if directed by server.
- Bus table and area, table maintenance and any additional directives given by assigned server.
- Set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room at the beginning and during service, follow side-work assignments, and closing duties.
- Clear and reset dirty tables quickly and quietly after guests depart wit accordance to service standards set by Restaurant Manager.
- Break down bus trays at dishwashing station; assist dishwashers when needed.
- Know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as food runner when scheduled.
- Assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
- Work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Be familiar with emergency safety measures and health codes.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.