Server Assistant-Hotel Valley Ho
This position contributes to ZuZu success by working within the framework of a quality Food and Beverage service team. Greet guests in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Assist servers in providing guests with a personable fine dining experience with a focus on our superior standards.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
· Be familiar with all standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings, and pre-shifts, supplemental training sessions and menu roll outs.
· Assist servers with general service throughout the guest experience; provide water service offerings, after guest have been seated, and replenish throughout service. Support the assigned server through the steps of service.
· Provide bread service.
· Assist with removal of completed courses from the table - reset as needed or if directed by server.
· Bus table and area, table maintenance and any additional directives given by assigned server.
· Set up and stock service stations in kitchen and dining room at the beginning and during service, follow side-work assignments, and closing duties.
· Clear and reset dirty tables quickly and quietly after guests depart wit accordance to service standards set by Restaurant Manager.
· Break down bus trays at dishwashing station; assist dishwashers when needed.
· Know table and position numbers, and be able to fulfill role as food runner when scheduled.
· Assist servers to ensure that all tables in dining room are set to standards.
· Work together with other server assistants to ensure optimum efficiency.
· Be familiar with emergency safety measures and health codes.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager and/or the Assistant Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Due to constant public contact, grooming is a factor of the utmost importance and must adhere to appearance code guidelines as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
· Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly.
· Ability to service a twelve-table station without assistance during typical service demand.
· Strong working knowledge of the micros ordering system and other check processing procedures for dining room service.
· Good communication is essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor immediately.
· Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
· Ability to lift moderate weights up to but not in excess of 50lbs, and remain on feet for prolonged period of time.
· Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather when necessary. Ability to carry loaded trays on slippery surfaces.
· Ability to handle hot plates and equipment.
· Strong attention to detail a must.
· Good communication essential. Relay guest complaints and comments to supervisor.
· Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
· Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
· Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
· Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
· Promote excellent guest relations.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler’s Card.
Related Work Experience
Prior experience 1-2 years of restaurant operations required. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.